|If you or someone you know needs help, please contact us.
The Joint Commission Accreditation & Other Affiliations
Established in 1969 at the inspiration of Dr. Max Graves,
its founder, MHS has provided high quality behavioral health treatment for several decades. As the
area’s primary provider of behavioral healthcare, we serve Clark and Madison Counties with a
wide scope of services designed to assist all needs and ages, from youth to the elderly.
MHS offers a seamless continuum of care. Our scope of services is vast; therefore, special emphasis
is given to matching the skills of our staff with the demands of their position.
As we look to the future and our continued commitment to growth, we endeavor to enhance our team
with the same caring and compassion currently found at the heart of our organization.
We are a private, not-for-profit, comprehensive behavioral healthcare system dedicated to serving
individuals, families, and our communities with high quality, cost-effective care. Our services are
integrated with the healthcare environment. We are charitable to serve those in need within the
limits of our resources.
We are recognized for excellence in delivering quality behavioral health care.
- We are responsive to the needs of the communities we serve, are accessible, and serve as community educators
- We practice sound fiscal management
- We apply technology
- We utilize proven clinical and administrative practices, employ exceptional people, and provide exceptional quality care
- We are innovative
- We are advocates for changes needed to the laws and regulations by which we operate
We believe in:
- Practices that are values-driven, efficient, accountable, and adaptable
- The highest level of professional standards by continually investing in the professional development of our staff
- Compassionate care, treatment, and rehabilitation based on best practices
- Providing a just culture of safety, quality, teamwork, trust, and collaboration that promotes respect and dignity for all
- Being vested in the communities we serve